Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Outdoor Adventures

I don't know about the weather where you're at, but here, in the midwest, it has been oddly BEA-UT-I-FUL for March and early April!  When I went to bed last night, it was 79 degree ferenheit in our house.  Today, it was around 67 degrees outside.  We have been fishing in the farm ponds, mowed the yard twice, gone on walks, taken the dog for rides in the back of the pick up, and laid out where I am going to put a flower bed. 

A couple weeks ago we caught nearly 20 fish, only two were blue gills, and the rest were largemouth bass.  I caught 5 (blue gills and bass), and M caught the rest.  I'm doing great if I catch one fish, so it made my day when I caught 5 of them!  When I fish with other people and just so happen to catch a fish, I usual ly wind up catching the biggest fish.  Well, this time I caugh the biggest one, a 19 inchers; we don't have a scale to weigh it.

M was going to keep a few fish and put the rest in another pond to stalk it, but unfortunately, by the time we got there though they were all dead.  Therefore, the ones that we didn't release immediately after catching them were cleaned and froze for a fish fry at a later date.  (Yuck, I hate eating fish)

I love going fishing!  Farm ponds are the best place to go because they are much more peaceful.  The blue sky (or stars), the shining sun, the chirping frogs, but best of all the peace and quiet.  If you need time and/or a place to think, that is the best place to go and best place to do.  I find it easier to go out in the middle of nowhere, away from all the people to talk to God, especially when something is bothering me.  I guess you could say that it helps clear my head.

My 19 incher!

No comments:

Post a Comment