Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Is it a pizza or is it a casserole?

 The answer is... it's both!

Again, thanks to Pinterest I found another yummy recipe to try (Pizza Casserole).  It's so easy to make.

Simply cook your egg noodles (or the noodles of your choice), and layer the noodles with pizza sauce (always 1st layer), cheese, meat, and all your other goodies.

I'm a picky eater, as mentioned before, so rather than making one big one I made two smaller ones.

A's pizza casserole: noodles, sauce, LOTS of cheese (the most important food group, that's right I consider cheese a food group all on it's own because it's so yummy), and 1/4 pound (or so) of cooked sausage that I had in the freezer, leftover from some other time.

M's pizza casserole (the yucky one): noodles, sauce, pepperoni, cheese, bell peppers, cheyenne peppers, and mushrooms (I forgot the onions).

I think I baked them at 350 or so for 30-34 minutes or so (you'll figure it out).  M loved it so much that he ate all of his leftover casserole and mine.  He claims that he "accidentally" ate my leftovers because he thought it was his.  Yeah, right.  He lies!  :)

Before cheese


Before putting in the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment