Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls + Waffles

= Cinnamon Bun Waffles!

I used this Cinnamon Bun Pancake recipe to make for M and I the other morning.  I must say that they were mighty tasty!  I of course had to tweek a little.
Use the following dry ingredients and mix:
1 1/2 cups flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

To the dry ingredients add the following and mix:
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup melted butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Next, you can cook!  Among the pile of dirty dishes in my kitchen that morning was my skillet.  Well, I just didn't have the time to do dishes.  I decided at the last minute to make these and M would be up soon, so I went with waffles; it was a nice little change anyways.

For the syrup mix the following with a wisk:
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons milk

I thought the taste was rather bland, so I added some vanilla; I don't know how much because I always just dump in the vanilla (I LOVE vanilla).  With the syrup, you will of course want it runny so that you can just pour it over the top of your waffles/pancakes.  If it's too runny, add more sugar, and if it's not runny enough, add more milk.
This made four waffles.  Note from husband: one waffle is plenty for one person to eat.

Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment