Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Well, you know you're getting old when you go to bed before midnight on New Years Eve!  After M got upset when I beat him (first or second time ever) at "Cyclonopoly," he pouted a little and decided to go to bed; that was at 11:30 p.m. because he was too tirestay up later.  I was tired too, and as much as I wanted to d to stay up, I decided to go to bed.  What was the point of bringing in the new year by myself?

As far as New Years resolutions go, they were talking about resolutions and tips for keeping them on one of the morning shows today.  Two of the tips I caught were 1) keep a journal to help you hold yourself accountable and so you can reevaluate goals, etc.  (already doing that except it's a blog) and 2) eat a breakfast full of protein so that you don't get hungry as fast.  After watching that, I got around to finally eating breakfast so I fried an egg and ate some generic Grape Nuts (yes, they have generic).  The problem is, when I eat a fried egg I have to have some salt and pepper and some margarine/butter/bacon grease to fry it in; I also can't eat Grape Nuts without warming them in the microwave with milk and adding some sugar.  I can't eat Grape Nuts without sugar, yuck!  To solve my problem, I used a very small amount of bacon grease, but I need to cut back on the salt and pepper next time.  I also used less than a tablespoon of sugar for my cereal, and I didn't make quite a serving of cereal.  This breakfast has kept me satisfied this morning, until now when I started talking about food.  :)  I also filled my 36 oz. bottle with water and ice to drink on throughout the day.  I think I'm on a good start here, now I just need to get on track with the "growing" as an individual part.

No comments:

Post a Comment