Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

8 1/2 Weeks and Counting

Well, there are 8 1/2 weeks until Christmas, which means there are 8 1/2 weeks until our little bundle of joy (our nicknames: Gossamer and Cousin It) is scheduled to arrive.  My oldest sister doesn't like to be reminded of how much time she has to get ready for Christmas.  I find that amusing, so being the ornery little sister that I am I never let her forget how much time is left.

Between my job, becoming a mommy, and publishing my in home baking business that I sort of started last winter (before I found a job), I will always have something to keep me on my toes.  That's okay though because I am up for the challenge!  I like my job (it seems that not everybody can say that about their job), I love my unborn baby, and I love baking!

Speaking of Christmas... have you started with your gift list yet?  I started months ago.  I am feeling very challenged because we are trying to make all of our gifts or give people something we already have that we no longer want/need.  We're poor, homemade gifts are more personable, and well... I just love making stuff.  I am even making a Christmas present for Gossamer, just in case he/she (we aren't finding out the gender) arrives by Christmas.  I sure hope Santa has something planned, just in case.  I made Gossamer a book; I made one for a niece a couple years ago on the computer, but by the time I figured up all my costs in the end it was $60.  This time, I am hand drawing everything myself, which is something I'm not very good at.  This book has the alphabet, colors, numbers, and a few of the basic shapes.  I put them in plastic sheet covers, which I already had from college, and put them in a three-ring binder, which I also already had from college.  I even colored in all of the pictures with crayons.  You can see pictures of a few pages below (notice that they aren't just any kind of mice, they're blind ones).  I thought it was important to have things that our child would be able to relate to, such as fairytales, things they'll see on the farm, songs we'll listen to, etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment